Milestones

When I first started instructing, nearly a year ago (and hasn't time flown), I'd turn up to cover a class and felt like an absolute fraud. Whenever anybody asked me if I was the instructor taking the class, particularly at a new gym, I wasn't sure whether I should be answering yes or not.

Along my journey from shadowing, to team teaching, to having my own classes, there were a number of milestones which seem like the tiniest little things now but were huge at the time... going from one track to three to half a class to the whole entire thing.

And then there are the quintessential instructor experiences that are probably going to happen sooner or later. Things like teaching without a microphone, stereos/ipods/cds malfunctioning, participants sharing WAY, WAY too much information.

Where is this leading??

Tonight, I had my first (and hopefully last) wardrobe malfunction.

I bought a new pair of yoga pants during my break at work today. As I was team-teaching BODYBALANCE tonight, I decided I'd wear them. I came straight from a BODYSTEP class (#2 of the day) and was a little rushed.

Everything appeared to be going fine, until the sun salutations. I looked back into the mirror behind me, and realised that there was a nice, white patch of ass cheek showing. Whoops. The stitching on my lovely new pants had split and clever me was wearing a g-string. Now I know that I might like to take a VPL over ass-crack. Luckily, my esteemed colleague (male) hadn't noticed and I snuck off to the bathrooms to change into my shorts from BODYSTEP. Not entirely appropriate, but a lot better than the alternative!!

I can definitely call myself an instructor now...

0 comments:

 

Text

Followers